Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Next Step

Hey, all!!! No cancer! I wanted to drop in and write a quickie, just to say how grateful I am to each and every one of you who has been a part of our journey. Thank you for your support, prayers, thoughts, juju, cupcakes, cookies, hats, cards, letters, and most of all, love. I'm not big on praying but I know a lot of you are and have done so for my family and I. I know that has made a difference cause many of you are in good with the big guy and he clearly took a shine to me. Hugs!

Thank you especially to my family; Jim and Jack and Sandy and Mike, my brother and Dad. Tammy and Alexis, my sisters no matter where we are or who's blood is pumping through our veins. My aunts and uncles, checking in, especially Denelle and Annie. My sister in law, Christa, helping from afar with FaceTime, recipes and love. My sorority sisters, especially my big Hawk, and her sister and mommy for adopting me. Everyone who has rallied around me, and it means the world to us.

I type this from bed with tears in my eyes (again?!?!) because I am simply overwhelmed. I cannot wait for the next leg of my journey. I hope you are all along for the ride to see what happens next. 

There are no words right now, so I will say, simply this: thank you, and......

FUCK CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Addendum to blog. In order to celebrate we had a little pancake party! 


First I made them for Jim. 

Then he made some for me! 

Jack supervised. 

3 comments:

  1. Amen, Fuck u cancer u took enough from me and Kat fought u hard and beat your ass. I hate u but I love her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaa congrats to a tremendously strong woman and to my Son who has become a man that little boys hope they grow up to be and old men wish they had been. Kate, Jim and Jack I'm so happy that things are getting better. Love you all Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a fight well fought. You and your family have been so strong and persevering. Thank you for taking us on this ride.

    ReplyDelete