Monday, June 24, 2013

Color Run


I signed up for a 5k color run October 19. It's just 4 days before my 30th birthday. See the blog "17 Minute Mile." 

The race is going to be in Atlantic City, NJ. If you want to join, my team's name is "Chemosabi Crew." You can do that here:

I even got this tutu on Etsy. I asked if they could make it semi adjustable, because I'm not sure if I will be larger or smaller. Right now I'm losing and gaining the same pound over and over. I still look 5 months pregnant because of the blood and clots in my uterus, plus the cysts on my ovaries. I know I'm fighting for my life and all, but I can't help being vain and missing my skinny self.

The steroids I take help with side effects, but keep me from losing weight. Hopefully when I feel better I can slim down and lose a few baby pounds.


Pretty stoked to see it covered in color. So far, my friend Miranda is running with me, possibly Sarah and definitely Jim. 

When I saw Dr. Sehbai this past Monday, he kind of ducked my question about running the race. I thought he said I could walk on a treadmill to exercise, but Jim said he thought he said no. I figure if I could walk gradually up to 5k status, when I'm done with chemo and recovering, starting to run it shouldn't be too much of a problem.  But he wouldn't even really discuss it. I know my health is more important, but it's frustrating. 

For now, I'm going to shoot for this run. If it doesn't work out, I will run a 5k in my neighborhood! Set up some friends and family, get them to make some signs. I can even take Jack with me. And Jim can throw cornstarch with food coloring on my tutu. We could also do GLITTER!! That was my mother in laws idea. Or snowflake run with soap flakes or everyones own interpretation of snow.... rice, shaved ice, powdered mashed potatoes...!!! 

If I can do a run in 2013, it will be close to doing it before I turn 30. 

Nothing else is new today. I'm kind of just laying low. I was taking antiemetics every four hours, but I think I'm going to try to stretch out to 8. That may or may not be a good idea. At 4:45 I have an appointment for a neupogen injection. Maybe the boys and I will hit up the Rehoboth farmers market before. I have some steaks I've been marinating I want to grill .... 

I hope you guys are having a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment