Thursday, June 20, 2013

Stupid Neutrophils

My Neutrophils, or white blood cells, are down to 1,100. I started out at 7,000. So, I am house bound. I*m not allowed to have visitors or go to public places. Yesterday, I asked my chemo nurse if I could go to the Firefly music festival this weekend (hellooooo, Dispatch, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foster the People, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Vampire Weekend, Ellie Goulding, The Lumineers.... and lots and lots of germs. In reply to my question about going to the festivus this weekend, she said, you can go this year, but not if you want to go next year. Yikes!

So, what are Neutrophils exactly? Only the most important white blood cells a person has. They are the first line in defense against infections. And I'm sure you know, infections are lurking everywhere. Shopping carts, doors, even in your own home. But I can sit all by myself in my home. No visitors, especially those with children. It SUCKS!

Mommy's thoughts EXACTLY, Jack. 


There is a possibility that when they do bloodwork on me this Friday, it will say I have more neutrophils, so maybe I can have a good weekend anyway. For now, I'm going to cue up Netflix and snacks and we are going to have our own little party.

Maybe we will drive up to Dover, pull off the highway, and listen to the concert. Or, maybe I will just online shop. Livin dangerously. I feel a scarf addiction coming on since I shaved my head. And when you shop online, things come from a factory where robots pack the boxes right? So I can virtually ELIMINATE all chances of germs! Now, someone call my husband and tell him that.

I have received a lot of requests for my mailing address. I do not have a PO Box yet, so if you want my address, just leave a comment or email me at KathleenKolkmann@gmail.com. You can also find me on Twitter: @Kitty_KAL, and Facebook, my name on there is Kathleen Chemosabi Lombardo. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change my name on here to Lombardo, my married name. Its because when I registered for Google, I didn't even know James Lombardo. He's pretty special though. Right now, he is leaning over Jack, teaching him how to count to ten in English and Spanish. I'm chiming in in French. Let's end this post with a shout out to Jim bones. I love him so.


On our honeymoon in Miami.


And all murried up! 

Leave me some love in the comments for Jim. He's the absolute best. 



2 comments:

  1. Jim....you are one heck of an amazing husband and father. Thank you for being the rock Kathleen needs. We are all cheering you guys on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right--Jim's a hell of a guy and one of the best additions to the department in a long time. Kathleen I've not met you yet, but knowing Jim I know you've got to be one of the best!!
    Just found your blog--my mom did this during her chemo/radiation and it do help--keeps her occupied sort of thing. Like you have that problem with a newborn. She's 7 years clean now!!
    Your hubby is funny to work with too--ask him about the 2 year old who found his mom's oxycontin lol!! Funny cause it all worked out but shit you don't ever forget lol!!
    Tell Jim he's got my number--I know you have Jim's family close but I'd be glad to help in any way.

    ReplyDelete