Sunday, June 9, 2013

I*m Bionic

I had to have surgery to have a port placed in my chest. It runs directly into my vena cava and very close to my heart. Some of the chemo drugs can leach into your skin, collapse your veins and stuff. So it helps to protect them. I took some photos.....
Here I am in the car, after. I had to fast, so, I really wanted to go to Chickfila after. So here I am doing that. (Jim drove!) 







I wonder if they will let me keep it when they take it out (which should be just a bit after I finish chemo.) Maybe they will say its toxic and I can*t have it. I*m going to ask, anyways. 

2 comments:

  1. I want to start out by saying what an inspiration you are. I love your attitude. I am from the April WTE boards and have been following your journey. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am sure I can speak on behalf of us that we will continue to cheer for you and pray for you and your beautiful family. Stay strong!

    ~Amanda in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat.. I don't know you really all that well. Although I feel like you are a close friend... We share a deep love for your professor. My prayers go out for you and your family every day. Meditate and know that you have the ability to manifest that 'fuckin' cancer leaving your body and running scared, cuz we know you are one strong, bad ass bitch from Buffalo!!
    Thank you for sharing with us!! Sending love and healing energy! Dawn

    ReplyDelete