Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Chemo and hcg Update

Here I am at TCC. Well, here Jim is. I'm standing behind him taking this picture. 



i know I already blogged like a lot today, but Jim is in talking with the social worker, and I'm all alone over here. I actually have a neat little crew in section 3. I'm just chillin. 

When we got here, the puzzle was almost done. 


Jim just loves puzzles. He kinda wanted to sit there and finish it. They took me to see Dr. Sehbai, and we talked nosebleeds and steroids. After him I had some bloodwork. 


This is how they access my blood with the port. It takes an hour or two before they mix up my antiemetics and then my chemo. 

Today it seems to be taking for freaken ever but it isn't raining. They came and said that my overall white cell counts were 1,500 almost and that that was good. But then they came and said they recalculated them and they are 1,300 and I will still need neupogen shots. My hemoglobin is 10.8, so I don't need a blood transfusion. That's just as well. I don't want to be all vampire-y today anyways. It kind of gives me the heeby-jeebs. 

They just came to give me my premeds. That's Aloxi and Dexamethasone. Mmmm. 

For now I'm just going to sit and wait for the magic to start. I will update this actual post when I get the hcg levels!


No comments:

Post a Comment