Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Round 2, Day 2. AND SOLIDARITY BALDNESS

I Just wanted to do a quick note and update, since I do have two more infusions today.

This is a meme my friend Rick made for me. It's more exciting than talking about borrrring chemo, amirite?

P
Here are Rick and Kari. They are one of my favorite couples. They are expecting a little one in November.


Sidebar, though: they were right about the cumulative effect. I feel like just walking is a chore, and have heartburn and a belly ache. Well, it's either worse than week 1 or I am just not getting enough rest. I went to bed at midnight but couldn't sleep until 2ish. Up at 6ish and waiting for Jim to unhook my methotrexate. Then this guy was up:
Awwww haaaaai!
And who can resist him? So, since I can't touch him, I threw on a pair of gloves and rubbed his belly. He was smiling up a storm. We moved him to his bouncer on the couch so he takes up one cushion and I can have two. He was so smiley and cheerful, so I read him this

And he was grinning! Omg. Just amazing. I hope he's a reader like his mom and grandpas. We love reading. 

He fell asleep after so I started blogging away! Think I will take the opportunity to make this short and sweet so I can have a nap before my visiting nurse comes to flush my port. 

After that, it's off to chemosabi paradise at 2. Sandy has been kind enough to volunteer to watch Jack at our house, so maybe we will have a little coffee date if I'm feeling good after. Jim needs the love too! 

will complete and send this blog from my fancy chemo chair. After nap!


So I never took a nap, but I did get this photo, accompanied by a video I need to find out how to include:

Here is a video she sent me, how I found out she did this for me: 


THAT'S MY FRIEND OLIVIA, SHAVED BALD FOR ME. 
SHE IS OUTSTANDING. 
SHE IS MY HERO.
LOVE YOU LOTS. 
Here is a link to her video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z4-6zHMVWU&feature=youtu.be 


Here I am in the CHEMO waiting room! 

And infusing. 
Reading Little Women on my kindle. Thanks for the kindle, Dad!

I need you guys to cross your fingers that my dr will give me the all clear to go to the Firefly fest this weekend....

Later for now skater.  

No comments:

Post a Comment